Thursday 4 December 2014

Bereavement card

 I made this card for my friend who's brother passed away last week
we went to the funeral yesterday.

I started with a 8 x 8 white base card
i embossed it with Sue Wilson DAISY TIERS EMBOSSING FOLDER BY CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS
I cut a decorative edge in white pearl card with SUE WILSON SET B & embossed it with same folder then used the MEMORY BOX CHURCH WINDOW & backed it with soft silver card
i then cut the FLORAL MEADOW STRIPLET FROM SUE'S NEW DIE RELEASE also backed with the soft silver card i cut two of the CAMELLIA COMPLETE PETAL FROM WHITE CARD
& TWO OPEN PETAL FROM THE SOFT SILVER CARD. i glued them together & put them to the side of the window. Then i cut a few of the smaller flower's in both complete & open petal's & glued them to the striplet die flower's
I Stamped my sentiment onto velum putting it across the window adding a small open flower to the end & finishing by putting flat back pearls in the flowers.

I then printed a verse & cut it out with decorative edge set b,cut a second one from the soft silver card cut that down the middle to mirror image it.
Not my favorite card to make.

Thank you if you stop by i would love you to leave me a comment as i appreciate them all & love  to read them, but if you just want to look that's fine too Crafty hugs Lynda xx
Adding another Christmas card tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Lynda such a beautiful card I do hope the card and your thoughtfulness helped to ease the pain of your friends loss. You were in my thoughts yesterday, I do hope the weather was good, a little sunshine always helps on these sad occasions.
    Looking forward to seeing your card tomorrow.
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Margaret,all though he was in his 80's it's still sad especially for his sister( my friend ) neither of them married & they were very close so she is going to find it very hard
    Without him. It was a very nice service a Humanists service it seemed more personal.
    Hope your all ok in Cumbria hugs to Ben & love & Hugs to you Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, a beautiful card for a sad occasion. Your friend will find it hard, but with good friends like yourself she will get through the dark days. Letting her talk about him and remember the good times is a great healer. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hazel,yes a sad day more so at this time of year,I phoned her today she said she was ok,
    I didn't want to over power the card so tryed to keep it simple. Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda,
    Such a very sad day for your friend but a beautiful card which I'm sure your friend will have appreciated and helped her so much. Hope She finds lots of comfort in your friendship.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sheila,for your lovely comment. I have phoned my friend & she said she is ok
    & pleased her brother is no longer in so much pain.I am going to give her a hand when she's ready to sort his things out.
    Have a lovey day & keep warm its very cold t
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda,
    A truly lovely card for a sad occasion. I'm sure your friend really appreciated it. Love how you used the new striplet and flowers and also the window. Simply elegant!
    It's always hard to lose a family member but at this time of year it seems worse somehow.
    Sending Christmas cards is an expensive business as you said. I am a little behind so need to write them this weekend! Well - before the grandchildren come on Sunday as we'll be making theirs . It won't involve any mess at all, ha ha!.
    Take care, lots of love,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda,
    These are the hardest cards to make but you have made a stunner! So gorgeous, yet so right for the occasion. Great idea to use that church window die, it gives just the right feel to the card. Hoe do you choose your sentiments? Or do you have a cd ?
    I love that new striplet die you have used, I bought the other one, I bet you got both didn't you? Usually Pat, Sue and I will buy one each and we share but the ivy die and the otter striplet die we all decided we couldn't live without so we all ordered the same ones! Pat ordered a few more, one being the New York, which is lovely, I so wish I could buy them all, I will have some on my letter to Santa! Well I am off back to craft room as I don't have a card made for my blog, I think Christmas will be here too soon for me!
    Crafty hugs,
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my lovely friend, thank you for you lovely comments.I have a Do Craft Digital designer which has sentiments for all occasions & I can alter them if I wish which is handy. The disc came free with the Do crafts mag cards & paper rafts When loaded it then it stays on the computer. You can add any Docraft disc & it saves it within the program. Have you got a computer or laptop.If you would like a copy of it I could send it to you.Take care my friend Love & Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha Sandra forgot to say yes I have both Striplets I couldn't just have one otherwise it would have been lonely by itself 😉 Love & Hugs Lynda xxxxx

    ReplyDelete