Saturday 6 December 2014

Another Christmas card

 Hi my crafty friends showing another Christmas card today. I hope you like it
I would love it if you leave me a comment it would be much appreciated i love
reading them & i will always answer them. But if you just want to pop in that's fine too.

I started with an 8 x 8 white base card & embossed it with CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS
SNOWFLAKE LATTICE FOLDER BY OUR SUE WILSON. THEN  EMBOSSING THE RAYS OF THE ILLUMINATED TREE  BY SUE WILSON on a CLARITY STAMP white matt-coated double-sided A6 postcard.
Then I cut two of the TREE DIE IN THE SET.I glued them together for dimension then glued the tree under the rays which i inked very lightly with ADIRONDACK LIGHTS PEACH BELLINI
to make it glow a little. I cut a matt from RICH PLUM FOUNDATION CARD.
Attached it to my base card on the left.I then cut two of, you guest it SUE WILSON JOY FILIGREE DIE, ONE IN WHITE PEARL CARD & ONE IN RICH PLUM CARD & OFFSET THEM
glued them on the other side of the base card. I cut THREE SUE WILSON'S FILIGREE POINSETTIA'S AGAIN three white & three CLASSIC ONE'S in rich plum & the same with the BITTY BOW.Glued the bow under the tree & arranged the POINSETTIAS in the right hand corner with some leaves & two of SUE' HOLLY SPRAY.& a flat bock pearl.

I apologize i didn't take a picture of the middle of the card, i posted it before i realized.But as always i carried the theme through with verse in white card cut it out with basic set A then shadowed it with the rich plum & a small poinsettia.

Thank you for stopping by my blog Love & Crafty Hugs Lynda xxx




12 comments:

  1. This car looks so much better in real life I should know as it was so very kindly posted to me. When it arrived and I opened the envelope I was absolutely stunned it really is so very beautiful, it is on show on my bookcase very prominently for all to see. It is something I shall treasure always. Thank you so very much Lynda you are so very kind and most thoughtful as well as being so very talented.
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret I will post another card another card today or tomorrow
      Thank you sory answered underneath other message glad you liked your card love Lynda xx

      Delete
  2. So sorry Lynda I was supposed to say This card looks so much better in real life!
    Hugs
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you liked your card & what lovely comments you give me. I will answer your Email later as Harry is coming for Nannie cuddles Darren & Sam are bringing him down will be here soon.for Dinner. Love & Hugs Lynda xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda,
    Oh my word another stunningly beautiful card today. Isn'y the Christmas tree die a clever idea the way Sue designed it. You have certainly done her proud with your designs. You have such a talented creative mind Lynda.
    I do enjoy my visits to your blog to see what you come up with next.
    Stay warm.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Shelia so pleased you liked my card & for your lovely comments I will post another one on later or tomorrow as Harry is coming down for Nannie cuddles YAY & dinner with his Mummy & Daddy. Keep warm love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, you have been very busy the last few days.
    The bereavement card for your friend was lovely, a difficult day but must try to think of happier times when losing someone near.I always found christmas is when you think of the ones gone the most.... Your other card with the birds is different,did you make the braid? Very nice. I tried follow a tutorial on youtube but made such a mess of it so that got moved to my 'to learn list 'as many other things .... Todays card is beautiful.You have managed to use so many different dies on the same card and it's fit perfectly! You have a lovely time with little Harry and lot of cuddles :-)
    It feels so cold today ,can always cuddle up with the soft cuddly penguin my son gave me the other day and a cup of cocoa I think Hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,thank you very much fo all the lovely comments. Yes I maid the ribbon braid I was shown how to do it when about three years ago I went to the NEC craft faire,I haven't made one for a while but thought it would work for that card. It's funny how you go back to something you haven't done for a long time,it took a few goes to remember how it went.
      Harry cuddles were lovely so special.
      They came today as they are away for Christmas,my son phoned this morning to see if it was ok how silly of him.would I miss Harry cuddles oh & seeing Darren & Sam Good job I had food in freezer some lovely lamb chops roast Sam said she loves my dinners.
      How lovely of your son giving you a cuddly penguin how sweet hope you enjoyed your cocoa. Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  6. Lynda, I hope you enjoyed your Harry cuddles. Your card is stunning and I can see why Margaret has put in in her cabnet and treasuring it. Sky is very heavy and dark here and there is a dusting of snow on the hills not far from here, oh the joys of winter. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel thank you,yes had lovely Harry cuddles & lots of smiles. We also had a very dark day with rain hope we don't get any of the White stuff. Keep warm love Lynda Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynda, I didn't know you had a blog or I would have stopped by earlier. Beautiful card looks stunning. Hugs Theresa (TOB)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Theresa,it's so nice to have a lovey comment from you.We had my baby grandson Harry down today had cuddles.My son phoned me this morning to see if he Sam & Harry could pop down & of course I said yes silly boy. Good job had enough food for them lovely roast lamb,Sam loves my dinners.I have more pictures of Harry & my other grandchildren earlier on my blog if you want a peek,I will probably put some pictures on as well as a new card tomorrow. Thank you again Theresa love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete