Friday 5 December 2014

Christmas card

 Hi my lovely friends hope you like my latest card.If you would like to leave
me a comment it would be very appreciated.

I started with a 8 x 8 white base scalloped card. i cut a piece of white card embossed it with
Creative expressions SEA GARDEN FOLDER BY SUE WILSON then a smaller matt
which i embossed again. I printed the bird topper from a CD covered it with a sticky sheet
 & covered with MICRO BEADS I matted it with soft gold card then a dark roast coffee
foundations card. i made a platted ribbon & put it down the side made a stick pin
( sorry will have to change the bead at the top of stick pin think i went coloured blind ha ha ) added to a small bow. I made a poinsettia out of SUE WILSON'S FILIGREE POINSETTIA DIE layered onto the matching CLASSIC POINSETTIA cut two of SUE'S HOLLY LEAVES i nipped them apart  put them behind the poinsettia a flat back black pearl in center.Stamped my sentiment inked round the edge WITH TIM HOLTZ TEA DIE INK PAD cut it out with a brown shadow edge.

On the inside printed a sentiment cut it out with the outer edge from SUE'S BASIC A DIE SET
WITH A BROWN SHADOW.& smaller POINSETTIA.

Thank you all for taking the time to look on my blog today love & hugs to you all Lynda xx





8 comments:

  1. Oh Lynda what an absolutely stunning card love the colours and the whole design really beautiful.
    Well we have snow on the fells would you believe, it tried to snow but fortunately we had rain before it, so it did not lay thank goodness.
    We are in for a chilly night -6 is forecast!
    Have a lovely weekend
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,you always leave me lovely comments thank you much appreciated.
    Ooo not the White stuff I hate it I'm always frittend I'm going to fall over. You be very careful if you get any. Hope you are Flu free now Margaret please take care & have a good weekend Love & Warm hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda,
    Oh I do love this card the image is so cute. love the plaited ribbon too it adds a lovely feature to the side. I love the ideas you come up with Lynda they are always stunning and just a tad different. Must have a go of micro beads still haven't tried them yet..
    It's a sunny morning here in Nth Wales but it's freezing.
    Have a lovely weekend Lynda and stay warm.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Sheila, I love useing micro beads they add dimension
      To a flat image. The CD I used was one of Leonie's from C&C. Do try using them Sheila I have put mine in a large container which is easier to put your project in, then they don't go all over the place as they seem to have a mind of there own.haha. We also had sun today but like you it's freezing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  4. Hello my lovely Crafty friend,
    Gorgeous card today, that plaited ribbon really sets the card of perfectly! I gave gone a little sticky sheet crazy of late and need to order some more, where do you get yours Lynda? Have you finished all your Christmas cards? I still have tons to make! I usually end up buying for a lot of people and keep my special cards for special people! Sending you big squishy hugs,
    Sandra xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra my sweet,thank you for your lovely comment. Yes sticky sheets are my new best friend at the moment love useing micro beads & gilding flakes. I get my sheets from Joanna Sheen she does the creative exspresions one's also got the from Ebay I still have more cards to make,I posted some Thursday & the postage was frightening.
      How did your Physio go hope you weren't in too too much pain after my lovely. Hope Lucy & Sophie are on the mend now.BIG HUGS ALL ROUND Love Lynda xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Lynda, your card is beautiful, love your design it gorgeous. Thank you for your lovely comments on my gifts. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel,thank you for you lovely comments again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend love Lynda xx

      Delete