Wednesday 22 October 2014

Hello thank you for dropping in to my blog

 This is a very quick card as i needed to make some smaller cards for posting
I cut Sue Wilson's Christmas Angel one in white & one in black
I glued them together but off set them & attached them to my base card which is a 6x4
which i embossed with Sue's frosty swirls E/F
then made a small poinsettia from the Classic set & filigree set again in black & white
Stamped a happy Christmas put black embellishment in the poinsettia & on tag
    
printed a verse from a card program i have cut it out from Sue's decorative frame set B
cut one in black one in white card ct the black on down middle & glued it offsetting on each side.
thank you very much for looking i appreciate all your comments.
I really like making 8x8 size cards as i can be more creative.

It's very cold & blustery in Broadstairs today with the wave's crashing up & over the sea wall.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda,
    Flat can also be beautiful and your card is certainly beautiful. Sue's Angel die was the very fist one of her Festive set that I went for as it was the prettiest angel die had have ever seen, Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations with us.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sheila
      I love the Angel die too she is so pretty,I also have the filigree poinsettia that is beautiful.At A P i got the let it snow & the joy die's. Sue is so talented i would love all her die's,but i have to stop buying them now,as Christmas is looming up fast
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  2. Nearly missed this beauty, I try to make flat cards for saving on postage. Ended up taking a two card order out of their boxes as the customer was worried about the postage so I told her to wrap some bubble wrap round to protect them, if she doesn't it I won't know, but I hope she does. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hazel yes I have tried to do some flat cards but as I said to Sheila I don't get the enthusiasm with the smaller cards but I do love Sue's Angel. I did take this card to post office just to see how much it would be & it was still a large stamp,she said there are not many that go for a small stamp. So will have to make some out of tissue paper lol. Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda
    Such a beautiful card the angel looks so delicate, have you tried using it with wax paper I tried this last year with the Spellbinders Christmas tree and although it was tricky to glue and stick down it looked super as a white on white and best of all it took the normal postage. I discovered this by accident after using the wax paper to line the die before cutting card qite a happy accident!
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret, I have used the wax paper but only to help cut the dies but never thought of using it for the card will give that a Go thank you for the tip Love & Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete