Wednesday 25 March 2015

Two 40th wedding Anniversary cards

Hi to everyone who pops in today. Thank you for all your lovely comments on my other cards,i realy do appreciate them.
This one i made for Sam my son's partner too give her mum & dad's on there 40th wedding anniversary With little notice she rang me Friday evening & then asked, but wanted it for Saturday's party.I made her one almost the same for her birthday so wanted one in red as it was a Ruby.
i also made this other card below for them, I did a sentiment on my compactor but when i tried to print my ink had run out so that's why it is missing the sentiment, Sam's Mum was over the moon with them. In the rush I forgot to take a picture so Darren took it for me on Sunday.
so thought i would put them on together. So if you would leave a  comment it would be lovely.

The top card i used 8 x 8 base card
Creative Expressions stamps to die for designed by Sue Wilson Delicate lace
Cut out with Napa valley outer die by S W then cut the largest die from the Decorative frame set B
Then cut the Floral Meadow striplet & some Camellia closed petal,& classic bow both designed by SW.Cut my sentiment out with the fourth  die from the Stockholm set then cut the third die in the set Then just assembled everything together. The flower i made from air dry clay.

The next card i used
8 x 8 card base
Cut two of the classic weaving die one in red one in white.the cut a frame with the first,second,third die in the Classic Adorned rectangles set. Then cut the Delphinus die from the Gemini collection.
Added the frame over the weaving piece  with mountain foam,the Delphinus die down the side added some flowers. All the dies used are  designed by Sue Wilson my hero.

Hope you like my two cards Thank you for stopping by.Hug's Lynda xx


16 comments:

  1. Good evening Lynda, two beautiful cards, you can't beat Sue's dies to make a gorgeous card. Your second card with the border die and the square with the weaving is lovely. I was making a thank you card to day with the border die, I will have to wait till the lady I made it for receives it. Lesley messaged me this morning asking if I would like to make the thank you cards for the speaker at tomorrow's meeting, nothing like short notice, 2 female and 2 male plus a gift . So they can go upon my blog tomorrow. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel,thank you very much, it's too much pressure with such short notice isn't it. I am pleased with the weaving die I think it pops quite nicely. The die down the side is one I got with Lisa's Mother day JS voucher haven't played with the other one yet, even better when they are a gift. I will look forward to seeing your makes tomorrow. Hazel.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda
    Wow two for the price of one both absolutely stunning love them both.
    Many thanks for your email I will reply soon, promise.
    Take care
    Love and hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret,for your kind words.Your welcome Email was well over due,can't seem to catch up with everything since I was unwell. Love & Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  4. HI db, (actually the db look like droopy boobs don't they)?
    Wow Lynda, your cards are like buses, nothing for a while and then two come at once! haha
    Seriously though, two beautiful cards, we have been in sync this week your doing Ruby and me doing Sapphire Anniversary cards this week!
    I love both of your creations, you did so well at such short notice too, I hate working under pressure like that!
    I hope you are feeling a lot better now my lovely,
    Love and Hugs
    Sandra
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sandra your so kind about my cards, The DB do get in the way Somtimes especially with the French sticks holding them up haha. You do make me laugh my lovely
      Yes it was a rush & then for my bl...y ink too run out couldn't believe it.Then I forgot to take pictures of them. Never mind Sam's mum loved them. Love & Big Hug's Lynda xxxDB xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda,
    two very gorgeous and striking colour ways cards. I love them both. The Delphinus die is beautiful next to your fantastic weaving work. Your little clay flower is lovely.
    Feeling a bit dizzy tonight but not in a bad way, maybe took to many painkillers, it's like being on a boat so I guess I'll be alright as long I'm sitting down tihi I hope you now over your bug but it looks like something is going around and around and round, think it;s time for bed but according to your clock it's only early evening hihi. Good night my friend see you tomorrow,
    Hugs to you and Terry and pets,
    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even evening only 4 pm lol and I'm fully awake, sugar. Maybe watching a episode of walking dead will make me sleepy, I will give it a go Night,night Maria x

      Delete
    2. by the way reg. the letters,
      I haven't got a clue, I can't remember hihihihihi !
      xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Maria my lovely nutty friend,thank you for your kind words on my cards. Now Maria please be careful with them pain killers no more than 8 in a day ( ark at me taking my night tablets in the morning by mistake) so I'm probably not the best person to advise hihi but seriously Maria be careful,stay sitting down. You do cheer me up can't wait to meet you. Love & Hug's Lynda xxxx

      Delete
  6. Good morning Lynda,
    Two great cards, bet the people who receive them will love and treasure the one they get.
    Have a good weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia,thank you so much for your kind words on my two cards. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  7. There are 2 sets of stamps used on the First Card in my Blog Post.
    Large Flower is from StaminUp Stppled Blossom Set. All the other bits is from Justrite Romatic Rose Set. They are both the 2 step stamp systems it's the stamps that give the effect. NO colouring in involved whatsoever.
    Hope this helps
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia thank you so much for getting back to me will look for them .Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda,
    My favourite is the second one - the weaving is lovely! I have been wondering about that die - but it looks really professional as you could never cut strips so evenly! Well I couldn't - let's put it that way! Well done you making two cards under pressure for the same event.
    You have been busy!
    So sorry I'm at the cow's tail as my Grandma used to say!
    Love Myra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Myra,thank you so much for your kind comments.yes I wasent sure about the weaving die but I was pleased with the outcome I have now got the other weaving die & I'm doing another card using them both together it looks good.think I will use them a lot as I like the effect. Love & Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete