Sunday 22 November 2015

Birthday card for Nikki

 Good Sunday evening hope you have had a lovely weekend & kept warm it's been very cold
in Broadstairs very strong winds & heavy rain. Down by the sea  the waves were crashing up the sea walls & over the top a few people got soaked.I'm just praying we don't get snow i hate the white stuff.
Thank you for calling into my little blog. I hope you like this card in a box.It would be lovely if you could leave me a comment please. Thank you

I made this card for Nikki a special young lady. I have got too know her
through her mummy my lovely virtual friend Sheila whom i nearly met as apparently
i was standing only a foot away from her outside the NEC .waiting for a taxi so near yet so far away
I didn't know she was going as i would have loved meeting her.

 I brought the template from Robert Adam's from his stand at NEC i have made the smaller one before but loved this bigger version. It came with the die for the flaps i also cut two back to back for each of the bottom panels & added flat backed pearls round the middle & decorated it with butterfly's & flowers.
I am thrilled Sheila emailed me saying Nikki loved it.
This should have been the first picture





Sorry for the rubbish photography i should have taken from the top angle  but hopefully you like my card in a box.
Thank you all again for popping in Love & Hug's Lynda xxxx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lynda. I am sure Nikki loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, Nikki will have been over the moon with your beautiful card. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel for your kind words
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda.
    It was even more beautiful in real life and Nikki was truly thrilled with it...it was a real 'lump in the throat moment' as she said 'aaaaaaaaw' when I showed her how it stood and she pointed at the butterflies and flowers on it. Thank you so very much Lynda for your kindness my dear friend.

    Love and hugs Sheila xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Sheila
      I'm so very pleased Nikki liked her card. I hope you don't mind me showing it.
      Sheila have a lovely time with Margaret & George my lovely friend.
      Lots of Love Lynda xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lynda and of course I don't mind you showing it I just wish I had taken a picture of the gorgeous present for Nikki that you sent along with the card....she was one very HAPPY BUNNY!
      Bless you dear friend.

      Love and hugs Sheila xxxx

      Delete
    3. Oh I'm so pleased SHEILA that I helped make Nikki's Birthday a happy one. I hope her eye is a lot better next time you see her. Hope she enjoys opening the rest of her presents on Wednesday bless her.
      Lots of love & big Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  4. Morning Lynda,
    oh what a lovely card for Nikki. I know from Sheila that she was thrilled and loved it and so many pretty flowers and butterflies. was it hard to let them go ? tihi Stop with C. presents and save the money for the retreat or AP next spring instead. Different for the little ones but for the grown-ups and especially our OH it is the hardest of all to please. Let him buy himself something for his new camera maybe. Tummy better,back still a bit jittery so is taking it easy, you too promise ! Love to you all and warm hugs needed so sending a bunch,catch !
    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria thank you the Butterflys were for a special young lady so I did mind letting them fly too Nikki. We don't buy C presents for the grown ups just for the 5 Grandchildren as for OH nooo I don't buy for him.
      You take it easy Maria did doctor ever find out what was wrong with your tummy do you still suffer with it. Like you my back aches all the time Oh well I'm still breathing Haha.
      Wow just caught all your HUG'S thank you.
      Sending you some of my Hug's via a drone they should be dropping on you soon.
      Love & Hug's to you & your OH & Big Son xxx

      Delete
  5. Hello Lynda,
    This is gorgeous. No wonder Nikki was thrilled with it, and the verse is beautiful.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maureen for your kind words on my card Yes I was pleased Nikki loved it.
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda.
    That's one stunning card. Anyone would've been delighted to get it I'm sure.
    Just adore all those butterflies it's soooooo pretty. And the flowers too are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Tracy. I made it for a special Young lady & Sheila said she loved it.
      How are you doing my friend i hope your treatment is going ok & your not suffering to much.pleased you managed to get out for a walk the other day. Take care
      Love & Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete