Sunday 28 June 2015

40TH BIRTHDAY CARD I WAS ASKED FOR

 Good Sunday hope you are all well & having a good weekend
we had brilliant sunshine yesterday but today we have rain. Thank you for popping into my little bit of blog land.Your all very welcome. My friend asked me to go with her to J C Creations yesterday at Maidstone in Kent as Julia Watts was Demonstrating there from 10am till 4pm i really enjoyed it.
Julia  showed lots of different techniques with texture past,mica powders & lot's more,she also used  some new spellbinders dies not the Christmas die's,they haven't been realest yet,she did say they were lovely.
 
I was asked to make a 40th birthday card using pink & white card,this is what i came up with
I first used a 8 x 8 scallop white card base & matted pink white pink card stock all embossed with the bed of roses embossing folder from Creative Expression designed by Sue Wilson
The striplet  die cut i cut at my friends awhile ago i did a marathon cutting session of her die's.
I think this is called block's again designed by our Sue.I backed them with pink card &  placed them across the the card front.
I cut several Camellia closed & open one's i shaped them & curled them & glued them together
The one's on the top right of card  i put smaller open petal's on top of the closed petal's.
I arranged on left hand corner some white tulle tied  a pink bow on top put a small pearl embellishment arranged the flowers  around added some Splendid Swirls from the
finishing touches range designed  by our Sue,added two pearl stick pin's too coordinate.
I then printed a Happy 40th birthday changed the colour from black too pink cut it out with the Pierced tag die again from Sue's finishing touches range i cut one in white & topped it onto the pink.
Then on the top right corner i put some white tulle ten arranged the other flowers on top & added some leaves & small pearl's in center of flower's
on the opposite corner YES a butterfly with two pearls in center.
on the inside i used the Largest die from the Noble pierced rectangle cut it out in pink card then printed the verse onto white card  i changed the colour to pink & cut out with the second die from
the ornate pierced design Noble die  set.cut a small butterfly & some more small flowers.
I also made a box & decorated the front with a butterfly & some babies breath in pink.
I wrapped the card in tissue paper before putting in the box
The  lady said she was very pleased with it & have another order from her for a wedding card in
August.
 Thank you  again for looking,if you would like to leave me a comment below i will appreciate it
Love & Hug's Lynda xxx  
 






17 comments:

  1. It's called Quilted blocks - not that it matters Your card is gorgeous I love how you've layered self coloured open petals on top of the closed ones I keep promising myself the Camelia dies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,thank you for your kind words.
      I cut a lot of my friends die's & couldn't rember the name,the memories not very good lately haha.
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Lynda,
    This is sumptuous , beautiful and gorgeous. I love it!!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen for all your lovely words
      Ooo I'll have to remember the first word,oh might have to write it down memory not good these days haha.
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  3. Lynda, as you know I love striplets, I haven't got this one but any of the rectangles ones would be good for this, I just love your design, it's beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hazel for your kind words
      I haven't got this die either I cut a lot of my friends die's. I love Sue's Christmas Striplet's
      Hug's Lyndaxx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely exquisite Lynda and so pretty in pink. Haven't got that striplet and it looks gorgeous. Dear friend I do hope you are feeling alot better today. Sending gentle hugs to you. Love Sheila xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila thank you for your kind comments. I haven't got this striplet, I cut some of my friends she has a lot of die's.
      Thank you very much Sheila I'm feeling a lot better today.
      Love & Hug's my dear friend Lynda xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Lynda what an absolutely divine card so very luxurious, I love the colours and all your lovely flowers to make a really elegant and beautiful card.
    Do hope you are feeling better now and recovered from your gastric problem.
    So pleased you enjoyed your trip out and that JW was is her helpful mood as sometimes I hear she is not.
    Not forgetting Terry I hope his new medication I not causing him too much trouble and his leg is improving now.
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret thank you so much for your kind words. I'm fine now thank you.
      How are you my friend I hope your not in too much pain with your broken foot,what a horrible thing too happen you have had your fair share of illness with your daughter Ben & SIL all haveing the virus hope they are all on the mend. Look after yourself my friend.
      Lots of love Lynda xx

      Delete
  6. Hello my friend.
    Hope you are back to your normal self, not saying anymore hihi Lynda, this card is wonderful and you made a box too. Have not got this striplet but you have used it beautifully The colour is real sweet and the flowers and your stickpins are ace, you are so cleaver girl.
    Do you enjoy the sun shine ? I hanged the washing out and that was it for me being outdoors, now it is too hot ! hihi never happy. How do Bella and Annie coping and Terry is he ok ? Love and hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean Bambi of course,sorry
      I think Bella is Christine E's little one
      Glad too you had a nice day out, I have booked another workshop with Julia in a few weeks. over and out xxx

      Delete
    2. Helllllo MARIA you do make me laugh HIHI Hi Ha haHi told you Hi Ha
      Thank you for your kind words on my card.
      Julia was very nice but she was just demoing & was FREE hope you have a good work shop with her.
      I'm like you Maria with the heat it's too hot for me, but if it would melt my fatty bits
      ( lots of them )I would stay out in it all day Haha.
      Love & Hug's Lynda xxxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Card Lynda,
    I love how you have used the striplet die,
    such a pretty girly card, I hope you are feeling brighter, remember to drink more water today as you will have lost a lot of fluids when you had the 'squits'!
    Love you lots
    Sandra
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sandra for your kind comment.Im fine now thanks. Hope your feeling ok now Sandra & so pleased you did go back & do it well done.love & Big Hug's Lynda xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  8. Lynda, thank you for your support, yes not good when the words that Patricia wrote on Sundsy was turned to target a sweet person. I will be back. Lynda I won't have time to turn as it is, I work today 11 hours. My visitor comes two weeks tomorrow,,and wedding is three weeks Thursday. It will be here and gone before we know it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel my you do have a long day don't know how you manage that each day do you get a break when the girls are on holiday. Please don't over do things & burn yourself out.
    I am really sorry a spiteful lowlife person has done this too Patricia blog did she delete the post.?
    I hope you will put some pictures of Gillian's wedding on Sandra's café it would be lovely to see her,I can imagine how beautiful she will look.I will see you in the café if you get time my friend Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete