Tuesday 21 April 2015

70TH BIRTHDAY MAN CARD

 Hi hope everyone that pops into my blog, is well.Anyone who is under the weather or feeling down i have plenty of Hug's. Thank you all for looking at my new card.It's for the same lady i made the other 70th card for,she still hasn't given me the words she want's inside so just showing the front.

I started with 8 x 8 base card embossed it with INTERLOCKING CIRCLES folder from Creative expressions designed by Sue Wilson.
I cut two BEVELED STRIPLET die's one in Teal & one in Duck Egg Blue. I offset them & glued them together added to the side of base card .I then cut the NEW YORK TIMES SQUARE the largest size  out of teal. Then out of the duck egg blue i cut the 4th die in the CLASSIC RECTANGLES NOBLE DIE Next i cut in Teal from the TIMES SQUARE the second die in the set then layered them up onto the base card put some foam tape to add a bit of dimension. i then cut the number 70  out of both colours & off set them together i got the die set of numbers from the Range.Added some tiny dazzlers complimenting the coloured card Stamped Happy birthday cut it out with SUE WILSON'S pieced flag's

Well i hope you like my card & if you would like to leave me a comment that would be great as i love to read what you think.
Thank you love & Hug's Lynda xx

12 comments:

  1. A really super card Lynda and especially so it is one great Male card your colours are wonderful.
    Hope you are feeling better and not in too much pain, do take care.
    With love and hugs
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret,thank you so much.
      I have an appointment at doctors tomorrow too see if I can get some stronger pain relief my arthritis is getting worse & not sure if it gone too my feet as so painful now. Moan over
      Hope your ok with your shoulder Margaret
      Take care love Lynda xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda,
    A wonderful card as it's so hard making a man card unless they have a specific hobby. Love the way you have shadowed the striplet die I haven't tried that method yet and it always looks great.....love the teal colour too and the duck egg is a perfect contrast. Take care my lovely friend will be in touch soon.

    Love and hugs
    Sheila xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, thank you so much for your kind words,I do struggle with men cards I just want to put flowers on them I have to slap my hand haha. Lovely too see you on Sandra's blog now,your doing so well just take a day at a time. Take care my lovely friend lot's of love Lynda xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda,
    As the others have said, a perfect man card and the colourway is fab. Good ideas like this are a Godsend.
    Love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen for your kind words.
      I love the Teal card sutch a lovely colour.i do struggle with men's card,just have to slap my hand because I want too add flowers lol.
      Congratulations on your two wins from Sue's show lucky you. You do make me smile well laugh really on Sandra's cafe,blog thanks for cheering me up.
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Lynda great use of all of the dies Perfect for a man in these colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen,Thank you for your lovely comments. I do love that Teal colour.
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda,
    wow this is what I call a card, you know what I mean, The colours are perfect together and the off set with the striplet is great. The lady you made these card for must love them
    Hope you are fine and that Terry and you get some sunny day's where you live before the rain to the weekend.Will try to do some gardening tomorrow, see if we can get the son helping us doing some digging (pigs might fly)
    Speak to you soon,
    love and hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Maria thank you so much for your lovely comments. Now please don't over doing the gardening with your bad back,good luck getting your Son helping you. It's been very cold & windy today,
    Love & Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with a striplet on any kind of card. Love your other dies and that teal colour.
    Hazel,x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel thank you for your kind words,yes I love Striplets, Have you seen Sue's new die's.
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete