Sunday 3 August 2014

Hi thanks for stopping by hope you like my 3 latest cards

  I used  the
Just rite quilted blocks background stamp
stamped on red card embossed with white powder
stamped again on red card & embossed in clear powder
cut the second card into 6 squares & glued onto first card as shown
cut some velum forked at both ends & stamped a sentiment added red embelishments 
then matted onto white, red, & white card cut two borders one in white & then red glued them together bu just offset them.

 A simple card i used Sue Wilson's
French collection BURGUNDY DIE
First i put a double sided sticky sheet onto white card pealed the backing off 
& used silver guiding flakes & rubbed into the sticky sheet with a rub-bit scrub-it
then cut it out with the die placed onto a white base card cut a 
S/W lattice bow & put pearl embellishment on  
Another simple card
i did same as silver card but this time used gold guiding flakes 
Cut out with Sue Wilson Austrian collection INNSBRUCK DIE
stamped a JOY sentiment on front & S/W latices bow in gold added gold dazzler.   

6 comments:

  1. Lynda, love your three cards, I have the Innsbruck die but haven't been able to do anything with it yet, love what you have done with it. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel yes I love the Innsbruck but then I love all sues dies,the trouble is I want them all.
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda
    I have just discovered your blog, wow you have been busy your cards are so beautiful especially those using the flakes I must confess I have not been brave enough to give them a try!
    Take care
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, thank you I am ok with the flakes on the double sided sticky sheets but have trouble with the glue on the stamp I don't know why but my card always get stuck to the stamp, i keep looking too see how Sue dose it,may be I'm using the wrong card. I will keep trying won't give up. Could ask Sue at Ally Pally to show me.
    Thank you again love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      I have been thinking is perhaps your glue either too thick or too strong? Just a thought.
      As for card have you ever tried www.papermilldirect.co.uk I use their card and paper always, it is produced near Kendal in the Lake District and they often have special offers. They do have a good range of plain and textured card and also a super range of coloured card they will send you a set of samples if you ask them. Until a few years ago you could go to their mill and buy all sorts but now they only do mail order. As I live in the Lake District it was not too far for me to go there and made a nice morning out. I do find their card very good on both quality and price. Sorry if I sound like an advert!
      With love
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you Margaret kind of you ,I will look at the paper mill web site I use Crafters companion white pearl card it's 300gm . Had another look at one of Sues videos tonight & she put the flake glue on the stamp it was blue then left it a few second & put card on top of stamp,I stamped it onto the card so may try it again tomorrow thanks again Margaret Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete